BMW Motorrad Club Cape Minutes 25 Feb 2020
- WELCOME – Wouter [Chairman] welcomed members and guest
APOLOGIES Jacqui Ferreira; Andy Connell; Louis Cypher; Tania Fourie; Donavan Daniels; Johan Kotze; Karin Bradley; Jenny S; Randel Daniels; Gary Murdock; Geoff & Noelene Russell; Charles Oertel
- RATIFICATION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES 29 January 2020
Proposer: Ian Verhulp
Seconder: Marie Naude
- NEW MEMBERS
- NEW BIKES: No new bike stickers this month.
- TRIP REPORTS – The monthly trip report winner …. “Camping at Rooiberg Lodge” by Carl Koch
Karl received a coffee mug.
Danie Malan received two mugs. One for “A short breakfast Tweespoor Detour” and one for “Ann’s Villa & Zuurberg – a day trip”. Wouter presented Danie with a certificate and gift voucher as the winner of the trip report of the year.
- PAST RIDES AND EVENTS:
- Breakfast ride 9th February Nuwe Plaas near Riebeek Kasteel – Mike Henderson gave us a summary of the breakfast ride including a stop for famous farm pies along the way.
- Overnight ride 8 Bells 8th February – Ian gave an account of the roadies trip and Wesley Dawson spoke about the off-road trip to 8 Bells with a commitment to write a trip report.
- Braai with BMW EU visitors 22nd, Pompkroeg – Wouter told the members about the braai/party we had with the touring riders from Germany
- Breakfast ride 23rd February, including visitors from Europe – Rouen spoke to the members about the breakfast ride, we tried to accommodate the German riders but due to delays in getting the hired bikes Wouter met them and lead them to the venue for lunch rather than breakfast.
It was fantastic to see him arrive with 36 bikers from Germany.
- Lev 1, 2, Pillions – Training team 23rd Feb – Anura Vineyards – John Carr explained some of the changes to the training venue and spoke about the achievements of the GS Trophy team and the dedication it takes to win three years in a row.
- Leap year ride 29th Feb – John Carr gave a description of the 450Km ride in honour the 4 yearly occurance
- FUTURE RIDES AND EVENTS:
- RITV[Ladies] 5th to 8th March – Anne-Marie spoke about the upcoming event, the venue, the arrangements and the members that will attend.
- 15th March breakfast ride – John Carr told us about a breakfast ride to a new venue in the Elgen area
- 29th March breakfast ride -Donavan sent note, assured us of timely advertising of this upcoming ride.
- Anna-Marie gave a heads up regarding the arrival of our GS Trophy winners 16h45 28th Feb and asked if the members could please welcome them home at Cape Town International Airport.
- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aTFCjSH29bhppo-AD5fSOU9AiscujGkt/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aTFCjSH29bhppo-AD5fSOU9AiscujGkt/view?usp=sharing
- Announcement regarding committee members standing or leaving and call for nominees – Wouter
- The following was announced by Wouter … Linda Van Niekerk, Charles Oertel; Andy Connell and Magda Le Roux are standing down from Committee duty.
- Members registration on new Website, feedback – David summarised the progress with the migration of members to the new website and that we have gone pass the half-way mark. He encouraged anyone that has not renewed to do so before end of March 2020
- Social side of new website – Rouen gave a brief summary of the changes in the social side of the new website and had a Q&A session with the members regarding the interaction and some of the changes.
- Official notification of AGM 31st March, include change of date due to venue change – Rouen made the announcement and read the procedure of nominations for new committee members as well as for the submission of a motion at the AGM.
- Ian gave the members feedback from Clubs Africa AGM, an overview and that he has served his term as Clubs Africa President and that our own David Ffoukes has stepped up to the plate.
- Guest speaker – Kegan from Audiolens … cancelled
Next Meeting – 31st March 2020 [AGM and club meeting]